Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

{food} Whole Wheat Blueberry Scones


Tonight I got the hankerin' for a blueberry scone. Now, We've been trying to make some changes in our diets that include less sugar, less breads, less meats, etc., so I knew if I was going to make some, I needed to find something that was at least semi-healthy. I had already been looking around for healthy recipes that I can use to cook up some pattipan squash and butternut squash that I got this past week, so I just looked around for a healthy scone... and found one! Cleananddelicious.com had some great recipes that I want to try, including one for Whole Wheat Blueberry Scones.

I love how few ingredients are in this recipe. Very simple.


This dough is really sticky when you begin to work with it. Add lots of flour to your surface before kneading it. I think the next time I make these, I will keep the dough in my Kitchen-aid, add the kneading hook, and use the machine to knead it until it is a little easier to work by hand.



I was out of raw sugar, so I used brown sugar on top, and regular granulated sugar in the dough.



The recipe includes health information which, given our current path to healthier lifestyle, is a great help.


I was surprised at how easy they are to whip up! I've never been able to make biscuits and, being a southern girl, this is as close to disgracing your mother as not saying "yes ma'am and no ma'am". So I was a little nervous that they would turn out flat and hard. Not so! This is a wonderful recipe, and I suggest you try it.



No comments:

Post a Comment